About the temple
Parish of the Kazan Church with. Piceury: Republic of Mordovia, Chamzinsky District, Picheura, Kalinina St., 1. Index 431708
According to historical documents, the village was founded in the 1st half of the 17th century; was part of Saransk district (until 1776), population - Russian-Mordovian. In the "List of populated places of Simbirsk province" (1859) Picheura - a village of 349 households (2,528 people) of Ardatovsky district. In the 19th century a wooden church was built here in honor of the Kazan Mother of God (unfortunately not preserved). The church was a three-parish church. The main chapel was dedicated to the Kazan Mother of God, and the side chapels to St. Nicholas the Wonderworker and the Prophet Elijah.
In 1929, after the end of the liturgy, the Temple caught fire and burned to the ground. Until 1998, there was no church in the village. Only in 1998, a resident of the village of Afonkina, Lidia Mikhailovna, began to apply for the opening of a prayer house in the village. With the blessing of His Eminence Vladyka Varsonofy, in the same year a prayer house was opened in honor of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. The first superior was Father Peter (Ageev Peter Vladimirovich). From February 2003, the head priest was appointed hieromonk Germogen (Sirkin Fedor Mikhailovich). From March 2011, Father Alexander (Samokhin Alexander Mikhailovich) becomes Father Superior.
Unfortunately, there are no shrines in our church.
The rector of the temple, Priest Alexander (Samokhin).
Date of ordination: March 4, 2012
For more information, contact the Rector, Father Alexander, on the phone: